What is USSD?
- You know that funny looking number *100# that you call when you top up airtime?
- USSD stands for Unstructured Supplementary Services Data.
- It is a technology used to send information (usually text menus) between a mobile phone and an application on a mobile network.
- USSD Codes can encompass one off requests or interactive navigation with a menu based application.
- It is extremely effective when targeting a lower LSM as it is supported by all handsets and networks and requires no internet to connect – it therefore has great reach and adoption within your market.
Create a mobile based menu driven application for your business.
These can revolve around:
- USSD Mobile Surveys
- Client feedback forms
- Information requests
- USSD based competitions for database building